Thursday 26 January 2012

Create a Facebook Page

Today was extremely interesting in regards to how Facebook can be used more professionally rather than strictly a social media. Once a Facebook account is acquired it is possible to create a page outside of your own personal profile which can be shared on your homepage or not. A page can be created for an array of scenarios including an actor, business, lawyer, music and bands, public figure and many other professional and nonprofessional aspects. The page is great to become noticed worldwide whether it be a small business or a top star. It can give people updates, information about products, contact information, location and much more.
I created my Facebook page as a public figure which supplies information on my personal accomplishments, where I am in my schooling, my career path and more information on jobs I have completed. The page at the moment is perfect to be used for a resume in which employers could look up my page before physically asking me to come in for an interview. Though I did not add references, if I chose to I could add contact info for those references making it quick and easy for an employer. Another example of a Facebook page made by another class member who is focused on Nutrition and Wellness can be found at her blogspot or directly to her facebook page.

                                Screen shot of my Facebook Page from Christie Badachs own Private File, picture can also be viewed on Flikr as shown in
                                the previous post or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/75349354@N08/6769185327/
In the future I could use a Facebook page for my career as if I become a Certified Beginner riding instructor I could post information on my location, who I am, my accomplishments, references, contacts to people who have used my services before and my rates. If I obtained a position as an Equine Nutritionist I could create the page with the same information but it would also allow people to comment on my page and for questions to be answered. Any career path I choose would have a use for a professional Facebook page. I would recommend everyone   create a page for themselves whether you use the page for a business or for your own personal resume it is a perfect way to get your name out there. One never knows who might read the page and what opportunities may come from something as simple as a Facebook page. A couple people I know whom have created a facebook page for their businesses can be found at Stonecountry Welsh and Whitemud Equine Learning Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment